Drop balls through a triangular grid of pegs and see them accumulate in containers. Switch to a histogram view and compare the distribution of balls to an ideal binomial distribution. Adjust the binary probability and develop your knowledge of statistics!
Sample Learning Goals
- Predict the bin where a single ball might fall
- Repeat trials of 100 balls and compare the outcomes
- Count the number of balls in a bin and relate that to the probability of falling in that bin
- Compare and interpret empirical and theoretical statistics
- Apply the plinko simulation as a model to other scenarios where there are weighted statistics