Investigate simple collisions in 1D and more complex collisions in 2D. Experiment with the number of balls, masses, and initial conditions. Vary the elasticity and see how the total momentum and kinetic energy change during collisions.
Sample Learning Goals
- Draw "before-and-after" pictures of collisions.
- Construct momentum vector representations of "before-and-after" collisions.
- Apply the law of conservation of momentum to solve collision problems.
- Explain why energy is not conserved and varies in some collisions.
- Determine the change in mechanical energy in collisions of varying elasticity.
- Define elasticity.