PhET Interactive Simulations
University of Colorado Boulder
- Series Circuit
- Parallel Circuit
- Ohm's Law
- Kirchoff's Law
Do you like Circuit Construction Kit: DC, but want to use only in-line ammeters? This is the sim for you! Experiment with an electronics kit. Build circuits with batteries, resistors, light bulbs, and switches. Determine if everyday objects are conductors or insulators, and take measurements with a lifelike ammeter and voltmeter. View the circuit as a schematic diagram, or switch to a lifelike view.
Sample Learning Goals
- Explore basic electricity relationships.
- Explain basic electricity relationships in series and parallel circuits.
- Use an ammeter and voltmeter to take readings in circuits.
- Provide reasoning to explain the measurements and relationships in circuits.
- Build circuits from schematic drawings.
- Determine if common objects are conductors or insulators.