PhET Interactive Simulations
University of Colorado Boulder
- Molecular Formula
Starting from atoms, see how many molecules you can build. Collect your molecules and see them in 3D!
Sample Learning Goals
- Describe the differences between an atom and a molecule.
- Construct simple molecules from atoms.
- Recognize that the subscript in the molecular formula indicates the number of that atom in the molecule.
- Recognize that the coefficient indicates the total number of molecules.
- Associate common molecule names with multiple representations.