For some the difference between standards, curriculum, and assessment can be hard to define.
Under the Next Generation Science Standards, curriculum plays a specific role in the mastery of standards and as a context for assessment.
In this free webinar, learn how to avoid the following pitfalls:
- Curriculum that is loosely "aligned" but not well designed for NGSS mastery.
- Asking "What standards are you teaching today?"
- Phasing in content and practices.
- Failing to coach teachers’ instructional practices.
- Faux science and engineering tasks.
- Failing to provide hands-on resources for students' science and engineering investigations.
Helpful tips and techniques you'll take away:
- How to be a more critical consumer of next generation curriculum.
- Tools to evaluate the next generation classrooms with fewer binary techniques.
- Tools to evaluate your NGSS implementation on two levels: school and district.
Who Should Attend:K-8 teacher leaders, school and district administrators, academic support personnel, and parent and community leaders
Francis Vigeant, teacher and CEO KnowAtom, LLC