Switching to the Next Generation Science Standards can be a transformative or ineffective experience.
This experience is determined by school leadership communication and expectations.
In this free 45-minute webinar, you will learn how to avoid these common leadership pitfalls in your implementation:
- Underestimating the shifts in teacher practices required
- Underestimating the need for ongoing professional development support
- Failing to engage administrators in learning about what's involved in the new standards
- Focusing exclusively on a few "one-size-fits-all" professional development meetings
We’ll discuss how to:
- Create coherent and continuous opportunities for teacher learning.
- Create time for active engagement and collaboration.
- Connect to teacher's instructional practice.
- Be an effective administrator when next generation science is all new to you.
Who Should Attend: K-8 teacher leaders, school and district administrators, academic support personnel, and parent and community leaders
Francis Vigeant, teacher and CEO KnowAtom, LLC